Toledo Bar Association Caty Armstrong Memorial 2015 Law Day Essay Contest
THEME: Magna Carta: Symbol of Freedom Under Law
Entries in the Law Day Essay Contest are grouped into three divisions:
DIVISION I: 11th & 12th Grades
DIVISION II: 9th & 10th Grades
DIVISION III: 7th & 8th Grades
PRIZES FOR EACH DIVISION
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $175
3rd Place: $100
Winning entrants, and their parents and teachers, will receive an invitation to the Toledo Bar Association's Law Day Luncheon, held Friday, May 8, 2015, at 11:30 at the Park Inn in downtown Toledo. Winners will also receive a plaque from the Blade, and 1st place winning essays will be published in the Blade.
1. Each essay must be 500 words or fewer, typed, and double spaced or neatly handwritten. The title, citations, footnotes, and bibliography will be excluded from the 500-word limit. DO NOT STAPLE THE ESSAY; instead use a paper clip. One-sided only.
2. Each student may submit only one (1) entry.
3. All entries are to be reviewed by the students’ teacher(s)/parent(s) if home schooled.
4. Each entry MUST include a cover sheet indicating the student's name, home address, telephone number, the teacher's name, and the school name, phone number and email address.
5. Deadline for entries is Friday, March 6, 2015, at 3:30 pm. Entries must be received at the Toledo Bar Association, 311 N. Superior Street, Toledo, Ohio 43604-1421, on or before that date. They may also be faxed to 419-242-3614 or emailed to email@example.com. You MUST include information requested on cover sheet. Do not put your name on any page except the cover sheet.
6. The Toledo Bar Association will select the finalists in each division. Essays will be judged on format, clarity, style, reasoning, creativity and overall effort.
7. Submitted entries cannot be returned. The Toledo Bar Association retains the right to reproduce any essays submitted, in whole or in part.