Toledo Bar Association Caty Armstrong Memorial
2013 Law Day Essay Contest
2013 Essay Contest Question
Official Rules & Information
THEME: Realizing the Dream: Equality for All
Entries in the Law Day Essay Contest are grouped into three divisions:
DIVISION I: 11th & 12th Grades
DIVISION II: 9th & 10th Grades
DIVISION III: 7th & 8th Grades
PRIZES FOR EACH DIVISION
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $175
3rd Place: $100
Winning entrants, and their parents and teachers, will receive an invitation to the Toledo Bar Association's Law Day Luncheon, held Friday, April 27, 2012, at 11:30 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Toledo. Winners will also receive a plaque from the Blade, and 1st place winning essays will be published in the Blade.
1. Each essay must be 500 words or fewer, typed, and double spaced or neatly handwritten. The title, citations, footnotes, and bibliography will be excluded from the 500-word limit. DO NOT STAPLE THE ESSAY; instead use a paper clip.
2. Each student may submit only one (1) entry.
3. All entries are to be reviewed by the students’ teacher(s)/parent(s) if home schooled.
4. Each entry MUST include a cover sheet indicating the student's name, home address, telephone number, the teacher's name, and the school name, phone number and email address.
5. Deadline for entries is Friday, March 8, 2013, at 3:30 pm. Entries must be received at the Toledo Bar Association, 311 N. Superior Street, Toledo, Ohio 43604-1421, on or before that date. They may also be faxed to 419-242-3614 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You MUST include information requested on cover sheet.
6. The Toledo Bar Association will select the finalists in each division. Essays will be judged on format, clarity, style, reasoning, creativity and overall effort.
7. Submitted entries cannot be returned. The Toledo Bar Association retains the right to reproduce any essays submitted, in whole or in part.
Please do not staple essays, use paper clip only. Use the cover sheet provided.
For additional information, call Lisa Small at the Toledo Bar Association at 419.242.9363.