Toledo Bar Association Mission Statement:
The mission of the Toledo Bar Association is to provide outstanding service to our members and to assist them in serving our profession and the community.
Toledo Bar Association Vision Statement:
To make our association indispensable to the bench and bar and to preserve and promote Toledo as a unique place to practice law in a culture of camaraderie, collegiality, competence and mutual trust.
- Consists of 1550 members governed by an elected Board of Trustees
- Headquartered in its own 3-story building in downtown Toledo; supported by a professional staff of 10
- Sponsors more than 40 active committees in such fields as law reform, court administration, professional ethics and continuing legal education.
- Inter-professional committees work with other professionals to solve mutual problems.
- Schedules continuing legal education seminars and social gatherings for the benefit of its members.
- Provides free legal services to those who cannot afford it through its 400+ Pro Bono panel attorneys.
Diversity Statement of Practices:
The Toledo Bar Association is proud of its commitment to the diverse members of the legal community. We have made strides but there is much more that can be done to increase diversity at all levels of the association and our legal community. As part of our continuing effort to improve the services we provide to the legal community, it is incumbent upon each of us, as we engage in activities on behalf of the TBA, to ask the following questions:
- Do our actions meet the needs of all members of the Toledo Bar Association?
- What more can we do to ensure that the diverse members of our legal community are served by the TBA?
By asking ourselves these questions, we may find the need to change how we currently do things. However, we may also find that we are serving the needs of everyone to the best of the TBA’s abilities.
Upon request and during Toledo Bar Association business hours, any TBA member has a right to inspect all governing documents, audited financial statements, and policies of the Toledo Bar Association and the Toledo Bar Association Foundation.
IRS forms 990 – Returns of Organizations Exempt from Federal Income Tax for the past 3 years may be inspected by any member of the general public at the TBA headquarters during regular business hours.