Vallie Bowman-English Sworn In as President of Toledo Bar Association
New Board of Directors Installed
Vallie T. Bowman-English was sworn in as 116th President of the Toledo Bar Association for the 2016-2017 membership year at the Association's Annual Meeting on Tuesday, June 14, at The Park Inn.
Bowman-English is the Clerk of Court for the Toledo Municipal Court. She is a 1995 graduate of the Ohio Northern University School of Law and and a 1992 graduate of the University of Toledo. (link to bio) She is the seventh woman and first African-American to hold the position of President of the Toledo Bar.
Bowman-English took the oath of office from her husband, Judge Ian English, of Lucas County Common Pleas Court. Senior Magistrate Judge Vernelis K. Armstrong served as Master of Ceremonies and introduced Bowman-English. Bowman-English formally assumed leadership duties for the Toledo Bar Association on July 1.
Other officers for 2016-2017 include:
- 1st Vice President, Richard S. MacMillan, Esq., MacMillan, Sobanski & Todd, LLC
- 2nd Vice President, Joan H. Rife, Esq., solo practitioner
- 3rd Vice President, Peter G. Rost, Esq., solo practitioner
- Treasurer, Drew A. Nitschke, Esq., Marshall & Melhorn, LLC
- Secretary, Meredith Mercurio, Esq., Sixth District Court of Appeals
Click here here for a complete listing of the Toledo Bar Association Board of Directors. Event photos available for viewing here and upon request.