The Toledo Bar Association has partnered with the Center for Nonprofit Resources to find ways to connect our attorneys to local nonprofits.
We recognize that nonprofits in Toledo face legal issues and may not have the resources to retain an attorney. Through our ongoing collaboration with the Center for Nonprofit Resources, we have identified opportunities for attorneys to provide legal assistance to nonprofits who are unable to hire an attorney.
We have also worked with the Center to provide educational seminars and webinars for local nonprofits. We view this project as a fantastic opportunity for our attorneys to give back to the nonprofit sector and we look forward to continuing to grow our partnership with the Center for Nonprofit Resources.
If you are a local nonprofit who is facing a legal issue and your organization is unable to afford an attorney, please contact Maggie Humphrey, Director of Community Engagement, at 419-242-4763. Your organization may qualify for pro bono legal assistance.
Nonprofit Connect News & Resources:
- 11/2019: TBA Assists Area Nonprofits
- 3/5/2020: Common Legal Issues Nonprofit Boards Experience with Craig P. Burns, Esq.
- 3/13/2020: Legal Considerations Related to COVID-19 with Patty Wise, Esq.
- 3/19/2020: Family First Coronavirus Response Act with Patty Wise, Esq.
- 3/20/2020: Anatomy of Charity with Craig P. Burns, Esq.
- 4/6/2020: Legal Issues for Nonprofit Employers Related to the Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) with Patty Wise, Esq.